Twelve Clever Travel Tips for Your Next Family Vacation
If you’re like me, you probably feel like you’re an experienced traveler, but every now and then you learn something and it’s the best thing since sliced bread! Over the past year or so, I’ve picked up a few tips that I’d like to pass along to you. Here are 12 clever travel tips to help you stay organized and sane on your next family vacation.
1. Did you know that rolling your clothes takes up less room than folding and stacking? This can really come in handy for long trips that require more clothing, and it also helps if you’re using an airline that charges for each checked bag.
2. Save room in your suitcase by stuffing your shoes with some of the rolled items above like t-shirts, socks, undies, etc.
3. To avoid your necklaces from tangling while in tow, thread each necklace through a drinking straw and close clasp. (This is my favorite tip!)
4. I just read recently that if you forget your charger, you should ask the front desk for one, because hotel guests leave chargers behind everyday. After all, you’ve left yours behind, right?
5. In the same article, I read that you can use the USB on the back of most hotel televisions to charge your phone if you have your cord.
6. Charging your electronic device on “airplane mode” allows it to charge much faster than it normally would.
Air Travel Tips
7. Seats at the tail end of the plane sometimes do not have middle seats, which gives you more room to spread out. Be sure to check the airplane map when selecting your seats online.
8. When traveling with children, aim for window seats for them, if possible. It’s another source of wonderment and entertainment.
9. Upon arrival, never take a taxi that’s in a place by itself. Always use a taxi service that is a line or queue.
10. Most places are safe, but in some instances, the less you “LOOK” like a tourist, the better. Navigate lightly, without being bogged down with extra bags, maps, documents, etc.
11. Unpacking can be very easy, if you plan ahead. While you’re away, place all of your dirty clothes into plastic shopping bags and simply dump the contents in the washing machine once you get home.
12. My family has their luggage lying around for about a week, post-vacation…that is unless you make putting it away into a game. Sometimes, all it takes is a friendly competition of who can do it the fastest to get things emptied and put away in a speedy fashion!
I hope you found these travel tips helpful. Have fun wherever your travels may lead you and enjoy every single moment of your family vacation!
You may also enjoy:
- Ten Great Family Travel Tips
- Keeping Your Kids Safe When Traveling
- Must-Have Travel Accessories
- Carry-On Suitcase Packing Tips
Our Hilton Mom Voyage team members live throughout the U.S. and have traveled by air and car all over the world with their families!