Rachel SRachel is from Peoria, Illinois. She works full-time as a software implementation consultant in the healthcare field. Her family includes her husband Justin, also an IT professional, her 7-year old son Jackson, and her 3-year old daughter Arden. Her career requires her to travel between 20 to 30 weeks per year, with her husband holding down the fort at home with the kids.
Although Rachel travels extensively for work, her family enjoys frequent vacations in order to reconnect and explore several new destinations each year. In her spare time, Rachel loves to cook, ride bikes with her kids, and to help her husband with his Subaru enthusiast projects.
Rachel and her family have an eclectic travel style with destinations ranging from primitive camping to Caribbean beaches and everything in between. While traveling, they love to try outdoor activities, to learn local customs, and to sample regional specialties that can’t be found elsewhere.
- Favorite vacation spot: Aruba. On especially cold Illinois days, my daughter asks if we can go back there today!
- Worst vacation ever: Walt Disney World. We found out that it just wasn’t our thing (kids included).
- Favorite road trip snack: Trail mix, the kind with M&M’s.
- Best souvenir ever brought home: A car load of fireworks from a trip to Wisconsin. (You can’t buy them in IL.)
- Best packing tip: Cross-pack so if someone’s bag gets lost or delayed, everyone has at least an extra outfit.
- Check or carry on: For international travel, we check an empty suitcase to fill with local finds. For domestic, everyone has their own travel backpack and that is all we usually need.
- Favorite travel outfit: Pack in color families so that items can be worn again in different outfits.
Follow Rachel on Instagram: @rach_stuck