Marti resides in rural northeastern Oklahoma where she works with corporate, association, and government clients as a meeting planner. She enjoys traveling, whenever possible, with her husband, Coy, and 10 year-old son, Chet.
Self-described beach bums at heart, the Jenkins family loves adventure. While they have been known to tackle their fair share of ski slopes; sand, surf, shells, and seafood are nirvana to the family. Despite their love of high adventure and fun, Marti loves to sneak off to the spa and find time for a fruity umbrella drink before they drag her off to snorkel, hike, or kayak.
Marti, who never leaves home without a roll of duct tape which she has used to repair everything from rental car windshield wipers to blown out flip flops, says that when it comes to traveling with kids, it’s important to be patient, flexible, and remember you were a child once, too.
- Dream vacation: Greece or Bora Bora, French Polynesia.
- Kids’ favorite food: Besides chocolate? Steak.
- Best carry-on item: Kindle.
- Favorite road trip snack: Stopping for ice cream.
- Best souvenir ever brought home: A ring purchased on our honeymoon.
Follow Marti on Twitter: @martijenkins