Kristine lives in Mountain View, California, where she is the mother of a gifted girl athlete and a special needs charmer. Like almost everything in her house, traveling is a competitive sport (“I’m getting on the plane first!” “No, I am!”). Married to a triathlete, with a soccer star, and a baseball player in the house, what else could one expect? Since the Dworkin family doesn’t do staying home and sitting on the couch very well, they’re always out exploring the world.
When she isn’t coordinating game and event schedules or cheering on her athletes, Kristine contributes to Trekaroo, a travel blog focused on family-friendly experiences. While her stories have been located all over the U.S., she often writes about traveling with a child on the autism spectrum, offering tips for preparing special needs kids for travel and helping family members know how to support the effort.
- Favorite road trip snack: Goldfish crackers.
- Best souvenir ever brought home: Recipe for Salmon Lomi Lomi I brought back from Hawaii’s Big Island.
- I’d be in trouble if I forgot to pack: iPhone/iPad and Kindle Fire chargers.
- Check or carry on: Carry on whenever possible.
- Best traveling-with-kids tip: Bribery is never out of the question.
Follow Kristine on Instagram: @kdworkin