Jon BA Cali boy his entire life, Jon prefers to be near the water at all times. He grew up in San Francisco and now lives in San Diego, where he is co-founder of the marketing firm i.d.e.a. Jon puts his creativity to good use daily as he and husband Triton look for the humor in raising two tween/teen daughters Sophia (13) and Ava (11). Wanderlust runs in the family, and together they’ve visited some 190 cities and 18 countries around the globe.
Maybe it’s the fact that Jon’s parents that never took him farther than an overnight at Nana’s house, but he has a strong desire to see the wonders of our great country and the entire world. His kids have flown on airplanes as little babies, and have become intrepid little travelers. Never intimidated by the occasional cultural quirk, this family is as at home sipping milk out of a coconut on the beach as they are sampling octopus carpaccio in a swank European cafe. Jon feels it’s part of his parental responsibility to expose his kids to the world and all its different colors, cultures, languages, foods, customs, fashions and flaws.
- Favorite vacation spot: Kauai.
- Dream vacation: Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Best vacation ever: Walking the cobblestone streets at midnight in Venice, Italy.
- Worst vacation ever: Emergency appendectomy at a remote island “hospital.”
- Always in my bag: Hand sanitizer for the germaphobe in me.
- Ski bum or beach bum: Um, did you read above? Beach!
- Best sing-a-long for the car: U Can't Touch This - It’s Hammer Time.
- Airport security line tip: Get the Global Entry Pass and whiz through the lines. Totally worth it.
Follow Jon on Instagram: @2dadswithbaggage