Big Game Activities in Houston, Texas
Headed to Houston, Texas for the Big Game and staying at the beautiful Hilton Americas-Houston? Get ready to get inside the game with Super Bowl LIVE and the NFL Experience, located directly next door at the George R. Brown Convention Center and Discovery Green. Both events are kid-friendly and have activities for the entire family.
Fun Things to do in Houston This Weekend Around the Big Game
Super Bowl LIVE is a free event open to the public every day through 3 pm on Feb. 5, 2017. Inside you will find live concerts, photo opportunities and football-themed activities to promote healthy living and the love of the game.
NFL Experience requires an admission fee to get inside the convention center and experience all the activities. A $35 ticket for adults and $25 ticket for kids gets you a photo with the Vince Lombardi Trophy, NFL virtual reality games, NFL FLAG clinics and more.
Big fans of the game will appreciate the many (and I mean MANY) opportunities to see, meet, greet and get autographs from NFL players and legends. Almost, if not every, team is represented so there’s surely someone you or your young fan will be excited about. See the player appearances for today and tomorrow, February 4. The NFL experience is also open until 3 pm on Sunday, February 5.
Definitely check out the event websites for daily schedules and more information. Or, download their apps for the most up-to-date information.
Once you’ve had your fun, take a walk around the corner and you’ll find a temporary ESPN broadcasting station where you can catch a glimpse of your favorite ESPN personalities.
More Tips for Visiting Houston this Weekend
- Houston is buzzing with excitement, and you’ll find 10,000 volunteers in red shirts just waiting to help you! If you’re lost or need a local recommendation, don’t be shy, just ask one of them. And, don’t forget to take a picture with their cute sign.
- There are plenty of great restaurants within walking distance from Hilton Americas-Houston. I recommend Irma’s Southwest Grill, Conservatory and Pappas BBQ for affordable family-friendly eats!
- Be prepared for plenty of traffic downtown. Extra security measures mean several streets are closed off, and with so many people visiting this weekend, there are even more cars on the roads.
- Also, the stadium is 20 minutes away from the hotel with no buses or trains to your destination. Hilton Americas-Houston will not have shuttles for the big game, but the concierge can help you find a service to get you and the family there.
Now you’re ready for some football!
You may also enjoy:
- Best Museums in Houston For Kids
- Things To Do in Houston with Kids – A Native’s Perspective
- Get a Room & Survive a Rock Concert in Houston with your Tween
- Space Center Houston: Gateway to NASA’s Johnson Space Center
Hilton Mom Voyage writers receive free night certificates to use at Hilton Hotels & Resorts worldwide. To learn more, visit our About Us page.
Divina was born in Asuncion, Paraguay and moved to the United States when she was 5-years old. Since then she has become a wife, a mommy of…