Exploring Lower Manhattan with #MilleniumMemories
Summer is a very popular time to visit New York City with the kids out of school and the warmer weather. So while everyone else is rushing to the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty, Millenium Hilton is challenging guests of all ages to explore a new side of New York City through a lower Manhattan scavenger hunt! Enjoy a tech-lovers adventure with their #MilleniumMemories package this summer.
Millenium Hilton is situated just minutes away from the best sites in downtown Manhattan, many of which can be accessed by subway, taxi, ferry or walking. There is a whole new side of New York City to discover by visiting these classic downtown attractions, which offer plenty of space and panoramic views that you may not expect from your NYC vacation.
Making memories and enjoying the city doesn’t have to be rushed or expensive. Take time to stroll through the financial district, watch the kids play at Battery Park or remember that fateful day in September. And right in the center of it all in downtown Manhattan, Millenium Hilton provides the perfect setting to explore it all.
With the #MilleniumMemories package, you receive several fun extras like premium Wi-Fi, a portable charger, selfie stick, backpack and potential discount off your stay — all while exploring iconic landmarks of lower Manhattan and the financial district. The package also offers the chance to save 20% on the last night of your stay. At checkout, just show the Guest Service Agent your social media tags and you’ll receive the discount. Easy and awesome!
Sound too good to be true? Absolutely not!
I was fortunate enough to try out this getaway package with the family, and we had a ball finding NYC gems and capturing memories with our selfie stick.
We visited, took pictures and shared our adventures on social media using #MilleniumMemories at the following places in downtown NYC:
1. The SeaGlass Carousel at Battery Park
(Entrance at State St. and Water St.)
2. The Charging Bull
(Intersection of Broadway and Morris St.)
3. The ceiling of the new Fulton Center subway station
(Broadway between Fulton and Dey Streets)
4. The South Street Seaport
(Fulton and South Streets on Pier 17)
5. The Oculus
(4 World Trade Center)
These are just some of the moments we captured and tagged @MilleniumHilton on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. My boys LOVED going on this little mini-scavenger hunt and kept fighting over who was going to wear the backpack.
Tips to make the most of your #MilleniumMemories getaway
- Visit The Charging Bull first! This is a very popular attraction in downtown Manhattan so if you do not want strangers in your photos, get there early before the crowds.
- Everyone who enters the Sea Glass carousel must have a ticket, including adults. The price is $20 for a set of four tickets, and if you show your Hilton hotel key you can get an additional discount.
- The Oculus is still under construction, but soon it will be a full-service, working subway station. So after you snap your selfie, you can travel to anywhere in the city without worrying about traffic.
- Forgot something on your trip or want to take home a souvenir? Millenium Hilton has small gift shop or walk next door to Century 21.
So, whether you consider yourself tech-savvy travel expert or beginning newbie, use the longer summer days to take to the downtown NYC streets, find new experiences, and create a memorable vacation for your family. To learn more about the #MilleniumMemories package, visit the hotel’s website.
Thank you Millenium Hilton for challenging us to make the most of our New York City getaway!
You may also enjoy:
- Location, Location, Location: The Best Hotel in Downtown NYC
- Visiting the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in New York City with Kids
- Visit the Lower East Side Tenement Museum in New York City
- Exploring New York With Kids for the First Time
- Read all of our articles on family vacations to New York City
Divina received weekend accommodations for her and her family so she could share her recommendations and experiences with you.
Hilton Mom Voyage writers receive free night certificates to use at Hilton Hotels & Resorts worldwide. To learn more, visit our About Us page.
Divina was born in Asuncion, Paraguay and moved to the United States when she was 5-years old. Since then she has become a wife, a mommy of…